We would like pupils to focus on reading and spellings for their homework this term. Pupils are expected to read at least 3 times per week at home, for more information on this see our class information page. Pupils should have a login for spelling shed which allows them to practise this weeks spellings. I have also added a range of tasks to pupils favourites on Busy Things which link to this terms learning.
What can I do at home?
Should you wish to complete any additional work at home I have outlined some ideas below which would support learning taking place in our classroom. Please not this is additional, there are no expectations of this work to be complete.
- Add/subtract a 1 digit number to a 2 digit number below 100. This can be done by counting on, a number line, drawing base 10, place value charts, using a 100 square etc.
- Add/subtract a 2 digit number to a 2 digit number below 100.
- Add/subtract a multiple of 10 from any number below 100.
- Find 10 more and 10 less of numbers to 100.
- Solve addition and subtract word problems.
- Research what life was like in Victorian Britain, how does this compare to now?
- Create a poster outlining ways in which we can keep our bodies healthy.
- Research a famous exploring and present your findings in an interesting way.
- Research how London has changed over time.
- Research different genres of dance.
- Talk to your family about what special celebrations/traditions you share together.
- Explore lines of symmetry.
- Recognise 2D and 3D shapes.
- Count sides/vertices on 2D shapes.
- Count faces/edges/vertices on 3D shapes.
- Make patterns with shapes.
- Count forwards and backwards from any number below 100.
- 2x 5x and 10x table. (If confident counting in order, try a random order).
- Partition the same number in different ways i.e. 44=40+4, 30+14, 20+24 etc
- Write a letter using the correct format.
- Checking back your work and making improvements such as adding interesting adjectives.
- Extending sentences using and, or, but and because.
- Research your local area, what was it like in the past? How has it changed?
- Research Thurnby Court and its impact on our village.
- Go on a habitat hunt, can you find any microhabitats?
- Research a continent, what is it like to live there? How is it different to where we live?
- Continue to improve ball skills, rolling, receiving, throwing overarm and under arm, catching and stopping a ball.