For now, we would like children to focus on reading and spellings for their homework. Should you wish to, I have added some tasks in your Busy Things favourites which link to our current topics. Spelling Shed will be updated weekly with pupils current spellings.
What else can I do?
If you would like to do any additional work with your child but do not know how to support current learning I would recommend focusing on the following areas.
- Count forward and backwards from any given number between 0-100.
- 2s, 5s and 10 timestables. Including in a mixed up order i.e 2 x 8 = 10 x 3 =
- Counting forwards and backwards in 10s from any given number below 100.
- Write numbers to 100 in words.
- Compare and order numbers up to 100 using symbols (<,> and =)
- Explore different habitats across the world, including the plants and animals which live there.
- Labelling the continents and oceans of the world.
- Exploring different climates of the world and how the equator impacts on this.
- Writing letters.
- Accurately using question marks and exclamation marks.
- Spelling of trickier contracted words such as ‘we’ve’, ‘they’ll’, ’they’ve’.